Please Help (Grovel, Grovel) about linknames

From: David Steele <steeled_at_ansmcl.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/16

Hello all those out there in computer world

I only have only a small query, but I would be eternally grateful if one of you extremely kind people could clarify a term

When creating a DATABASE LINK using

        CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK linkname

How is the linkname made up so I can connect to my remote database

		Smile if you are in a small bind.
							SMILEY

PS Post answers here not my email address as I'm not quite myself. Received on Wed Jul 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT