Logging of Connections in SQL*Net 2

From: Dave Boswell <dave_boswell_at_nt.com>
Date: 1997/07/16

I'm wondering if someone can help me. We are trying to move from SQL*Net v1 to v2. The problem is that we are unable to see how to capture the connects made in a log when using v2. With v1 it was easy, the time and host the user connected from was stored in a log, allowing us to check to see what accesses occured. However in v2 all we can get is the time of the connection, not who or where they came from. I have been told that this info is not provided because it can be found by querying v$session. To get the info all we would need to do is create a process that fires at a predetermined time interval and dump the v$session table. The problem is how do we catch the fact that someone connected as 2 a.m for less than a second and how do we make the time interval small enough to capture all connects but not put a drain on the processor? Is there a better way of doing this?

Any and all help would be appreciated

Thanks, Dave Boswell Received on Wed Jul 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT