Oracle via ODBC?

From: John Carron <john_at_eliza.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/16

Hi.

I'm working on a system in Visual C++ which needs to talk to an Oracle server on a Unix box. This is my first time working with a database and I can't decide which is the best way to talk to it from the PC.

I'm kind of leaning towards ODBC because it means my code will be more insulated from the DB, but am I missing some obvious drawbacks? Should I be using this Pro C/C++ Compiler thing? Or maybe I should be using these Rogue Wave libraries.

Anyone got any ideas?

John Carron. Received on Wed Jul 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT