Forms3 and Oracle 7.3

From: John N Page <john_at_treesong.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/16

My boss informed me this week that we are going to upgrade from VMS 6.1 VMS 7.1 on a VAX cluster), in two weeks time. ho said I, Will Oracle v70160 work under that. I'll check said he. Answer came back no you've got to upgrade your version of oracle to 7.3???

Omygod (under my breath) said I, this sounds a bit half cocked. (I've just got back from annual leave it seems they had a small prob with VMS 6.1 and discovered it was not officialy supported, although Digital came through with a fix, just increasing two parameters.)

Anyway to cut a long argument short while I have many questions, one that occurs to me at the moment is, will forms30 still work with oracle v7.3.

Also what other problems are about to hit an overworked Senior Programmer and part time DBA.

Most of our (mission critical) applications are written using Forms30, SQLPlus, ProCOBOL, RPT with some client server stuff written in Paradox or ACCESS2 connecting via SQLNet v1.

I've had 24 hrs to think about it, I think it's going to be "not good"

HELP!!

--
John N Page