Snapshot problem: Update in cursor

From: Dirk Straka <dirk_at_news.drb.insel.de>
Date: 1997/07/15

Hi!

We've spotted a problem while migrating our application from Informix Online to Oracle. Scenario is as follows:

This is not the behavior we've expected. And it doesn't meet the way Informix Online reacts - it gives the IMO "correct" value 42.

Oracle support says everything's fine. This is their understanding of consistency (long explanation of System Change Numbers and Fetches Across Commit snipped - because there are no commits!!!).

Our understanding of consistency is a different one - the one which Informix shares (and the one, which complies common sense, we suppose). ;-)

Do you have similar experiences, problems or maybe a clue or trick to solve this problem? Maybe it's possible to refresh the snapshot which was taken at the start of the cursor to get the changes I've made (but not those, other transactions have made)? Any suggestions?

Thnx in advance.

--
Sincerely, Dirk Straka                    Due to email spammers, reply
                                          address is invalid -- Please