WA-Seattle JOB - Oracle Application Architect

From: <hughesd2_at_wdni.com>
Date: 1997/07/14

Weyerhaeuser is a Fortune 200 company located in the Seattle area, the home of Microsoft and Boeing. We are the largest lumber and market pulp manufacturing company in the world. We also own the largest volume of private timber in the world. We offer a progressive work environment, an excellent benefit package and we have exciting opportunities in a multi-platform, high growth IT environment which may be one reason job satisfaction is so high. We invite you to look at our job opportunities at www.weyerhaeuser.com and send your resume to us today.

Position: Application Architect
Location: Federal Way, WA

Key Functions: Sets standards, guidelines and best practices relating to the use of application architecture for the Containerboard Packaging Dept. Designs migration strategies from application oriented databases to subject oriented databases. Advises department on the use of data architectures in application development, software acquisition, enterprise resource planning, business re-engineering, and information strategy. Evaluates new application design and/or vendor packages for appropriate fit with existing systems and application architecture.

Requirements: Masters in computer science, MIS or BA with emphasis in computer science, IS or related field. Mastery of application architecture technical skills. 10+ years in analysis, application development, and project leadership with specialization in application architecture. Achieves high level of organizational performance. Perseverance despite obstacles/challenges. Manages performance of direct reports. Information modeling and systems analysis skills. Knowledge of relational database logical design. Custom and commercial application knowledge. CASE tool usage. GUI design skills. Knowledge of Microsoft ACCESS, Oracle CASE tools, structured design and programming skills and system integration interface design skills. Ability to lead projects effectively.

Contact: Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Weyerhaeuser, CBP IT Selection, CH 1E24, Tacoma, WA 98477-0001. Or email us in ASCII text or MS Word at: hughesd2_at_wdni.com. Or fax us at: 253-924-5543. PLEASE PUT (SEARCH #220015) on all cover letters. Also, because we scan our resumes, please do not use bullets, italics, underlining or less than 11 pitch font.

Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.