Connecting to PL/SQL procedure from Web Agent

From: <kolya_at_lo-risk.stanford.edu>
Date: 1997/07/11

Anyone who can, please help me!

The Problem:

	Can't start up a PL/SQL procedure through Oracle Web Agent
	I have installed an Oracle Web Server.

	I made a Web Page with a Form which is supposed to pass on information
to the PL/SQL procedure as 	parameters.

	The action of the form points to the following URL:

	<MyComputer><MyORACLE_HOME>/ows-bin/owa/<ProcedureName>

	When I push the "submit" button on the form, the PL/SQL procedure is
not called -- I get a message on 	my screen saying "The requested URL
was not found" and the Netscape URL box is showing the correct URL 	that
I requested.
	When I look at the log files for the Web Agent, I can see that it
received the request from the Web 	Listener, but my procedure has not
been started.

What is running:

	Web Listener 		---	running
	Web Agent		---	running - shows the index.html page that I made but
does not 	access the PL/SQL procedure
	PL/SQL procedure 	---	running (works fine by itself on ORACLE 7
through 	SQL* Plus -- I 	know this because every time it runs it puts a
new entry into a DB 	table.)

	I have also tested the security priveliges of the different Web Agent
Services and I 	am sure that 	user priveliges are not an issue in this
problem. The PL/SQL
	procedure should be accesible to the Web Agent Service that I am using.

Question 1:
	What should I do to make the Web Agent start up my PL/SQL procedure?

Question 2:
	Is there anyway I can get an explaination of the format of a Web
Listener Log file. When I open the 	log file I see that the form DID
send a message to the Web Agent. That line in the log file is 		followed
by two numbers which I think may be error messages. If so does anyone know what "404 99" stand for? Received on Fri Jul 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT