Re: Help:Pl/SQL Pass variable for sequence into SQL Select

From: Peter McKenzie <pemmck_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/07/11

Create a database function and 'register' all your sequences with it. (Create a script for creating Oracle sequences which also maintains your new database function)
To retrieve the sequence you want issue a select which looks something like this -
select function_next_number(sequence_name) from dual;

PEMM  morris_gary_at_bah.com wrote in article <868469235.20569_at_dejanews.com>...