Setting up Oracle Type-4 JDBC Driver

From: Jason Pugh <jpugh_at_pps.ca>
Date: 1997/07/10

After reading the documentation that comes with the new Oracle JDBC drivers, I'm under the impression that the only way to set up access to an Oracle database using the Type-4 ("thin") Driver was by using Oracle 8's connection manager.

I'm not too familiar with Oracle, but I'm running a java servlet that connects to an Oracles 7 database and I'd like to get this working eventually through a Web Browser so I was wondering if the Type-4 Driver would be the way to go. If so, does anyone know how to set this up for an Oracle 7 database?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT