Oracle Forms Security

From: William Frye <wfrye_at_mnsinc.com>
Date: 1997/07/10

We are currently converting from forms 3 on a VAX VMS system to using forms 4.5 on PCs with WINDOWS NT. I have recently found a problem with both the VAX and WINDOWS systems. We have set up menus to allow updating records, some of which go through checks to be sure that only approved users update the record. In this case, the check works well, but if a user queries records changes one and then tries to exit or make a new query the system prompts -do you want to save your changes?- and then if the answere is no does not go through any of the triggers that we have set up. Is there any way of trapping and security
checking this prompt (short of installing a database security trigger?) Received on Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT