Q: Oracle Forms over WAN? Performance? Speed?

From: Frank Keeney <fk*NOSPAM*_at_keeney.pasadena.ca.us>
Date: 1997/07/10

We are rolling out Oracle Financials. Our SUN server is in the headquarters and many of the users are in remote offices connected via T-1 or fractional T-1 links(tcp/ip). The clients in the remote offices will use Windows 95 and Oracle Forms to access the data. Some users will also have ODBC access over the WAN.

Will the performance be acceptable? Are there any client or server parameters that I can tune for WAN links? Any suggestions? Should I look for a new job? :-\

Thank you for any ideas.

--

To reply to this message remove *NOSPAM* from my email address. Received on Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT