Re: How to call a C program from PL/SQL under Unix

From: Martin Peacock <mpeacock_at_kodak.com>
Date: 1997/07/10

On Wed, 09 Jul 1997 20:34:40 -0600, ceid_at_wara.bolnet.bo wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I have a PL/SQL stored procedure on my Oracle 7.3.2 server running on SCO
>OpenServer 5. I need to call a PRO*C program from the PL/SQL stored
>procedure and, if possible, send parameters and receive a return value.
>
>Any help will be apreciated.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Camilo Eid
>ceid_at_wara.bolnet.bo

Hi

A quote from: PL/SQL Programming (Oracle Press 1996 ) p402:

"PL/SQL does not have a direct means of interfacing with C programs. You can't call a C program from a PL/SQl stored procedure, for example. Currently, the only way around this restrictionis to use a pipe or alert to send a message to a waiting C daemon. " Martin Peacock
mpeacock_at_kodak.com
peacock_at_snowy.kodak.com
Ex. 24105 DD 0181 424 3105
Mobile: 0411 115 762

Failure is easy to deal with: Work harder in future. Success is also easy: You've solved the wrong problem. Work harder in future. Received on Thu Jul 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT