How do I use a field delimiter of more than 1 char in the data file?

From: Ben <ben_at_paladin.ab.ca>
Date: 1997/07/09

Hello, I'm trying to load a data file using sqlload and I get this message:

SQL*Loader-350: Syntax error at line 9.
Expecting single char, found ":::".
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ":::" OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' I need to keep my delimiters 3 characters to make the user-entered data fool-proof (most of my users don't follow "don't do this" instructions too well), so how should I edit my control file to allow for 3 char delimiters? Any help appreciated! (I don't have access to my Oracle books)

ps: also, 1) how do you (reverse-engineer) generate a delimited data file from and oracle table? 2) what is the regular way to do backups of an Oracle database? The only obvious files I see are the original data files. Received on Wed Jul 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT