Enterprise Manager and 7.2 exports

From: allen lucas <alucus_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/07/09

We run a shop with multiple boxes with multiple instances of oracle7.2.2.4.9 on each box. I have installed Oracle Enterprise Manager on my local machine, and I also installed a instance of version 7.3.3.0.0 on my machine to hold the repository.

I have no problem hitting the remote databases to check status, switch log files, etc... I do seem to have a problem when it comes to exporting. When I try to use the OEM Import/Export interface, the output log contains the following messages:

EXP-00037: Export views not compatible with database version EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

EXP-00222:
System error message 9
System error message: Bad file descriptor

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 3114 encountered
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

EXP-00222:
System error message 9
System error message: Bad file descriptor

What am I missing? Does Oracle Enterprise Manager not have the ability to administer older versions of the database? Do I need to set a flag of some sort to allow the export to work? Is there a problem because I am making a major step between 7.2 and 7.3? Any help or experience in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks

\\||// "Its been such a long time, I think I should be going" / \ Boston []--[] @ /\ @ Remove the *ISU* from reply address when responding {----} ^^ alucus_at_concentric.net