Re: New Oracle driver connect problem

From: Manuel Veloso <veloso_at_itmasters.com>
Date: 1997/07/08

In article <33C113E5.464E_at_erols.com> Martin Smith, mfsmith_at_erols.com writes:
>I'm having trouble getting the new Oracle type 4 driver ("thin") to
>work.

I couldn't tell from the snippet, so here goes:

did you do a Class.forName before calling getConnection()? For type 4 drivers (and for others too, I assume) you need to do this so the driver can register with the DriverManager.

Manny Veloso Digital Plumber veloso_at_pobox.com (home) veloso_at_itmasters.com (work)

"Ddecontextualization: just say no." Received on Tue Jul 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT