Re: Forms3 and Oracle version 7.3

From: nada <_at_pipe.nova.ca(nada)>
Date: 1997/07/08

Forms 3 is only supported up to 7.2. You can do what I did and that is upgrade the database server to 7.3 and keep the client side of things running with Oracle 7.2.

If you use menu 5.0 or store your forms inside the database, you will need to ensure that the supported objects exist (this being found in the admin sub-directories - with unix - for the forms30 and menu50); unless they already exist of course.

If you want to, or are restrict to, then you can also have both version of Oracle on the same platform. Users and developers would treat the 7.2 as the main Oracle product and the 7.3 database would be treated as if it were on a remote machine. This option also allows you to flip between tools for purpose of upgrading to forms 4.5; just be sure to create a simple script to flip the Oracle variables as well. Oh, and make sure you use the Sql*Net from the 7.3 for starting the listener, etc.

Greg...