Re: OWA Replacement Cartridge

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/08

On Tue, 08 Jul 1997 00:27:36 GMT, dagaith_at_mindspring.com (Dwayne A. Gaither) wrote:

>I am trying to use the OWA replacement cartridge to upload and
>download image files from a oracle table. So far, I have been
>unsuccessful.
>
>It would be real helpful if someone could send sample pl/sql code that
>is being used to do this via Netscape.

When you downloaded, you should have downloaded 2 files for NT. source.tar.gz (all the source code/documentation and example of upload/download pl/sql code). and NT.tar.gz (the binaries owarepl.exe and owarepl.dll).

If you didn't get source.tar.gz, get it.

In there you will find a directory owarepl/sql. In that directory, you will find image.sql. In that you will find the template table (image), the sequence needed (img_seq) and a sample package that does an upload, download, and shows you what is in the image table in the database. This package is called imgload. To run, you would install @image.sql in a schema that is a 'web agent'. Then, execute the following URL:

http://localhost/YOURDCD/owa/imgload.show_form

Where localhost is of course, your hostname. YourDCD is the DCD you created that maps to your web agent.

show_form lets you upload.

do_it is a procedure in the imgload package that processes the upload and shows you how.

show_all is a procedure that shows you the contents of the image table and lets you download in regular or compressed format any entry.

>Also, if you are using the replacement cartridge, why do you have to
>use CGI. If anyone has any good instructions on how this cartridge is
>installed and loaded that would be helpful as well. I am running
>Oracle 7.33 on NT 4.0 and I have Webserver 2.1

You don't have to use CGI. You shouldn't with your configuration. I thought I would be nice and include a fully functional CGI version that does everything the cartridge does but works with OWS1.x (which didn't do cartridges) and other webservers that the WRB doesn't support (like apache).

Quick cookbook to installing on NT. Assuming your using the default webserver on port 80 called WebSvr.

1.) download source.tar.gz and nt.tar.gz 2.) unzip both using winzip 6.0 or up. Say you unzipped into the c:\ directory so you have c:\owarepl as a directory and c:\owarepl\ntbin as a directory and owarepl.dll is in c:\owarepl\ntbin

3.) edit \orant\ows21\admin\svwebsvr.app 4.) In the [Apps] section add:

[Apps]
DBAUTH c:\owarepl\ntbin\owarepl.dll owarepl_entry 0 100 P

5.) at the bottom of this same file, add a DBAUTH section as such:

[DBAUTH]

owa.cfg            = c:\orant\ows21\admin\owa.cfg
server.cfg         = c:\orant\ows21\admin\svwebsvr.cfg
dirSeparator       = \

6.) in the same file, map one of your DCDs (at least) to the new cartridge. For example:

[AppDirs]

/apps          DBAUTH                c:\orant\ows21\bin
/cert          DBAUTH                c:\orant\ows21\bin

(make sure that /apps and /cert for example are not ALSO mapped as OWA cartridges or as cgi-bin else the webserver will fail upon startup)

Thats it. stop the webserver. start it. enter the url:

http://localhost/cert/owa/owa_util.print_cgi_env

You are done. Sorry if the web pages outlining the above were confusing (were they?). You should have all of the html pages that outline this in the owarepl\doc directory. Look for a file named direct.html.

email me if you run into a problem. We'll get it going.

>Any help is greatly appreciated. THanks.
>
>--Dwayne A. Gaither--
>dagaith_at_mindspring.com

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Jul 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT