Re: Oracle Transparent Gateway

From: Bill Manry <B.Manry_at_upsizeme.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/07

Bruce (bjlittler_at_worldnet.att.net) wrote:
>We are trying to call a DB2/400 stored procedure from Oracle 7.3.2 via
>the transparent gateway. we are unable to get Oracle to "see" the proc
>on the AS/400. Does anyone have any experience with this ?

I'll assume you are talking about the T.G. for DB2/400 and not T.G. for IBM DRDA (both of which can access AS/400 data).

First, make sure you have Version 4.0.0.1.0 (or higher) of the gateway. Earlier versions did not support stored procedure calls.

Second, make sure the DB2/400 procedure is set up correctly on the AS/400. Can you invoke it using "native" DB2/400? If not, there's a problem with the procedure, not the gateway.   (My sources tell me this is the most common problem.)

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  IBM Products Division  -  Oracle Corporation
These are my opinions, not necessarily Oracle's.