An NT service with OCI cannot be started if a SOCKET module is added

From: Sal James <sjames_at_nosc.mil>
Date: 1997/07/07

This seems to be a most bizarre interaction problem and I would appreciate any ideas you might have about it.

We have an NT 4.0 service that includes OCI code. The service can be started and runs OK unless we "add" a module with sockets defined in winsock.h and rebuild it. We never even need to "call" the code in the added socket module (although we'd like to) in order to get this failure:

"Initialization of the DLL d:\orant\bin\ociw32.dll failed. The process is terminating abnormally."

Perhaps the code in ociw32.dll is mistakenly linked to a function in winsock.dll or maybe there's a delicate alignment problem. ;)

Thanks for any ideas on this,
Sal James ADSI
sjames_at_marlin.nosc.mil Received on Mon Jul 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT