Re: A second Oracle database on NT

From: Earl Shaffer <edshafferfla_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/07/07

We had a lot of problems with two instances using 7.3.2. We got corruption errors regardless of the "tricks" support had us do to make sure we were pointed to the correct instance.

If each instance is a large app DB, I suggest you think about two servers. If each is "light", you might want to combine the DB objects. I got the impression that Oracle has not done a lot of multiple-instance testing yet on NT. Received on Mon Jul 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT