Re: data structure question

From: Dave Schweisguth <dcs_at_proton.chem.yale.edu>
Date: 1997/07/07

Sanjeev K Akkina (ska_at_ksu.edu) wrote:
: I am looking for a way that I can store the following data into a table:
:
: Name
: Date
: Plot1
: Plot2
: Plot3
: ...
: Plot50

The table should have columns name, date and plot. Each "row" of the table you proposed will become 50 rows. This is a basic database-design issue one needs to get over right away: use rows, not columns, to iterate.

Cheers,

--
| Dave Schweisguth                     CuraGen Corp., Bioinformatics Dept. |
| dcs_at_proton.chem.yale.edu             New Haven, Connecticut              |