Re: How to reconfigure shared-memory segment size in Sun Solaris 2.5.1 kernel (SPARC)

From: Anbazhagan.G <anbu1_at_mbox3.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1997/07/05

Hi ,
You have to modify Shared memory related configuration parameters ( SHMSEG, SHMMAX, SHMMIN ). Before you do this make sure you have so much memory. ( fortunately you did not try this is sybase system 10 . You would have had to work for a week end to get back to normal status if the database is big )
You will have to rebuild the unix kernel after changing the parameters and reboot . Better ask your system administrator if you are not holding root password.

Regards
Anbu

htchen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <33B70AC5.38BA_at_ix.netcom.com>...