Re: How Do I do This Update

From: Jack C. Belcher <jbelcher_at_4dcomm.com>
Date: 1997/07/04

On 30 Jun 1997 13:25:24 GMT, Brett Moran <bmoran_at_isus.msstate.edu> wrote:

>I have table A with 5000+ rows and table B with 2200+ rows. They are
>keyed on a part number. Table A includes all part numbers, table B only
>those that need to be updated. I've tried using an update with an
>embedded select using several combinations and approaches. They all
>update every row of table A instead of the rows that have a match in table
>B. Can someone help. Please email. Thanks.

Have you tried to use a where clause using "EXISTS" and a subquery selecting all of the rows from the second table. If the first table is indexed or "keyed", and you specify the key in your where clause you should be able to find the unique row from table B from the subquery and update table A with its results. Good Luck! Received on Fri Jul 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT