Re: Exporting Oracle Database into text file

From: Norman Neil <obspg_at_fortress.awinc.com>
Date: 1997/07/04

If you are using Oracle 7.3, you can use the UTL_FILE package. I've used this package to write to a file the same data that I am inserting into a table. I don't know if this is what you are referring to or not. If you want to create a *.dmp file then EXPORT is the key word to search Oracle's documentation.

Hope this helps,

Norm

yoong pan <pan_at_cadesm59.eng.utah.edu> wrote in article <5opctb$1ub$1_at_dorothy.cc.utah.edu>...