Question about accessing long fields thru Pro-C

From: W. Donnan <donnanw_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 1997/07/03

I have a table that stores a very long string as type long. I am trying to read the value of the string into a char variable in my Pro-C application:

        char tmpstr[2000];

	EXEC SQL SELECT longstring into :tmpstr
		FROM mytable
		WHERE ....

When the query executes, I get an ORA-0932 error (inconsistent datatypes). Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thank you in advance.

W. Donnan Received on Thu Jul 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT