Re: HELP---Report 2.5

From: Bureau Heffingen <b.schiltmans_at_bhf.agro.nl>
Date: 1997/07/02

Bureau Heffingen <b.schiltmans_at_bhf.agro.nl> wrote in article <01bc86c1$65c5c040$8e05820a_at_bhfwbschi.bhf.agro.nl>...

> Andrew M. Balshem <am_balshem_at_fccc.edu> wrote in article
> <33b91213.21464744_at_news.services.fccc.edu>...
> > I would like to produce form letters such that if a person has a value
> > for an "address2" field then the field would be displayed - otherwise
> > it would not and we would not be left with a gap (a null line) in our
> > report.
>
> You can do this by using a format trigger for this field.
> Look the 'General Layout' tab of the properties, there is a button 'Edit
> ..' for this trigger.
>
> If this trigger returns true, the field is displayed, else it is left
 out.
> In your case it should look something like this :
>
> function F_address2FormatTrigger return boolean is
> begin
> IF address2 is null THEN
> return (FALSE);
> ELSE
> return (TRUE);
> END IF;
> end;
>
> Adapt it for your own fieldname, and it should work.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Bram Schiltmans
>

> ** The world is like a playground for grown-ups, so enjoy your visit. **

Sorry forgot to say :
you have to set the vertical sizing to 'Variable' (or 'Contract') so it won't take up space (also in 'general layout' tab)

Now I come to think of it, you might not even have to use the trigger in your case....
But try it out.
Hope this gets you going.

Bram Schiltmans