Re: Implement Checkboxes with PL/SQL.

From: Terrence Wong <mingjun_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1997/07/01

I have tried this, hope it helps. (Workings in PL/SQL).

<input type="checkbox" name="chkbox" value="A">        -- selected
<input type="checkbox" name="chkbox" value="B">
<input type="checkbox" name="chkbox" value="C">        -- selected
<input type="hidden" name="chkbox"     value="NA">

1. Create an array to stored the values entered.
        Eg. type chk_array is table of varchar2(5) index by
binary_integer;

2. Upon form submission, retrieve the data, it will look something like this within the url,
http://www.abc.xyz/DCD/owa/process.get_array?chkbox=A&chkbox=B&chkbox=NA.

3. Declaration of your procedure should look like this :

        procedure get_array (chk_box chk_array) is

4. Use a loop to extract the results. Basically, conntinues to retrieve the entered input until a value "NA" is encountered.

              Eg.   LOOP
                    cnt := cnt + 1;
                    EXIT WHEN (chk_box(cnt) = 'NA');
                    htp.br;
                    htp.p('CheckBox value : '||chk_box(cnt));
               END LOOP;

This looks a bit messy and non-elegant, bit it WORKS.

Cheers.
Terrence Wong
Systems Developer
MediaData Systems Pte Ltd