Re: JDBC-Oracle

From: <711483_at_ican.net>
Date: 1997/06/30

Andreas Hausleitner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> what's the best way to write Java applications, which connects to an
> Oracle
> Database via JDBC. What drivers do I need?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andreas
> --
> Andreas Hausleitner
>
> Bethlehemstr. 1 A
> A-4020 LINZ / Austria
> email: a.hausleitner_at_khsa.khs-linz.ac.at
> phone: (++43)/+732 79 33 93

well, ican give you answer with one small problem if you can solve it. you can use 32bitodbc driver, which shold have oracle odbc driver with it.create a data source with name ORACLE and server name or connect string "SID1" or "ORCL" any works fine if you aRE USING WIN 95. only problem i am getting is after tha java program starts oracle database, it gives error : unable to allocate memory at user side.

you just need jdk1.1 and 32bitodbc with oracle driver. if you get success, let me know

Manisha Received on Mon Jun 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT