Re: Is Client/Server Delphi required for Oracle7 access?

From: Robert Altena <altena_at_gol.com>
Date: 1997/06/29

Todd Hale <toddhale_at_lgcy.com> wrote in article <5os5r9$fum$1_at_beast.sjf.novell.com>...
> Is the Client/Server version of Delphi required for Oracle7 access? I
 want to
> develop a DB front end in Delphi 3, but want to save the $1400+
 difference
> between Delphi 3 Professional and Delphi 3 Client/Server if I can. Which

> version of Delphi is needed, and is anything else needed (e.g., SQL
 tools)?

Delphi C/S offers a more or less direct connection to SQL-net through "oracle link".

Delphi Professional offers ODBC support, could be enough.

In either case you will still have to set up the SQL-net on each client.

   Robert Altena
   Altena_at_gol.com Received on Sun Jun 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT