Questions on ODBC and Oracle Product user profile

From: Greg Burns <gburns_at_telerama.lm.com>
Date: 1997/06/28

We have an Oracle based financial management system that doesn't provide all the reports that our users would like to have.

The developers are too busy to work on additional reports. What we would like to do is develop a local reports system using SQL*Net, ODBC, and Visual Basic.

My question is this: Do SQL*Net and the ODBC drivers abide by Oracle's Product User profile settings? Currently, the product user profile util prevents users from updating, deleting, and inserting. We want to keep it that way.

I welcome and comments, criticisms, experience you may have.

TIA

--
Greg Burns
Hookstown, Pennsylvania USA