Printing labels from Forms45

From: Josef Buergi <nbuejo_at_halser.ascom.ch>
Date: 1997/06/27

Dear Readers

There is a task I should do - but the solutions I found so far do not satisfy me. Well, I hope someone has done the same and share his ideas !

Description: I should print labels from Forms45 (Win95) depending on customers and item numbers. The information written to the labels are stored in different db-tables. The label printer does understand a specific "printer language" called "Easy Plug" (ASCII commands). The printers brand is "Avery Dennison" (USA or Canada). I designed all labels and got the Easy Plug commands. What I have to do now is to merge the data from the db with the Easy Plug commands. And that is the hazardous point:

Shall I store the Ease Plug commands in the db and merge the db information to it ?

Or - shall I call an external Programm an pass the db-info as commands ?

Or - can somebody give me some hints ???

Regards, Joseph

PS: Please reply the my eMail address NBUEJO_at_HASLER.ASCOM.CH Received on Fri Jun 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT