Re: How do you backup a live database?

From: Jim Maze <jmaze_at_ameritech.net>
Date: 1997/06/27

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------msA8A4C978BC8D2032A997FAB1 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------E82997F453F8C63A32744B64"

--------------E82997F453F8C63A32744B64

Very Correct. In addition, Oracle includes two solutions for backing up live content. 1) The exp utility exports the filesystem to tape "live". Or, for a more robust backup, use Oracle's Enterprise Backup Utility. This app plugs into most major Backup Management products (Legato, Backup-Edge....) Hope this helps!

--
_____________________________________
Jim Maze        <jmaze_at_ameritech.net>

--------------E82997F453F8C63A32744B64

begin:          vcard
fn:             Maze, Jim
n:              Maze;Jim
org:            Ameritech Interactive Media Services
adr:            300 S Riverside Plaza;;Suite 1800 S;Chicago;IL;60606;
email;internet: jmaze_at_ameritech.net
title:          Systems Administrator
tel;work:       312-526-8023
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0