Re: Implement Checkboxes with PL/SQL.

From: Garry Lawton <Garry.Lawton_at_uibk.ac.at>
Date: 1997/06/27

In article <33B214DB.5114F4EA_at_san.rr.com>, lane_at_san.rr.com says...

>This is pretty trivial to solve in perl. Use the dbi or oraperl
>interface to move the data into your table or use a stored procedure.
>perl provides complete parsing of multiple values for a name from a post
>(or get) operation.

 Why use perl when you have PL/SQL ?
 Multiple values are sent to a single parameter. The single parameter is  a PL/SQL table. This is described on page 3-9 in the WebServer (V2.0) users  guide. I've implemented this method and it works perfectly.

 regards Garry

>-L
>
>george wrote:
>
>> Has anyone implemented checkboxes with using PL/SQL for web
>> development?
>>
>> I would like to find out how can I pass checkboxes (with multiple name
>> and
>> value pairs)
>> to Oracle Webserver for database update.

Garry Lawton                                      Tel: 43-512-507-2314
EDV-Zentrum der Universitaet Innsbruck            Fax: 43-512-507-2944
Technikerstr. 13
6020 Innsbruck, Austria                e-mail: garry.lawton_at_uibk.ac.at