Re: web interface with oracle DB

From: Tom Cooke <tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/26

The most recent issue of Oracle mag had a feature on the latest version of Web Server (2.x?). It looks good if you have HTML under your belt and PL/SQL too - slightly tricky combination, but I'm trying to add it on!

If you prefer old fashioned brute force and ignorance, you can write this as cgi or server-side includes, just having the CGI/SSI be a compiled Pro*C with embedded SQL to do what you want with the input parameters - I tried this, it works fine, but you're probably better off with WebServer (comes free with the latest book on it, 30 quid?)

In article <33b17211.7215378_at_snews.zippo.com>, summer <summer_at_removethis_iname.com> writes

--
Tom Cooke