Receiving a file into a PL/SQL procedure via OWA from a browser!

From: Telecom <magrit_at_magrit.com>
Date: 1997/06/26

Hi folks!

        Okay, first I'm using WebServer 1.0 for NT and I'm using PL/SQL. I want to receive a file from the client side with the HTML tag <input type=file name=nom_fichier>. The form is using POST method (could be the get method) and I have define ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data".

My questions...

1- Is there a limit of length file or we can send couples of TeraBytes with no problem!?

2- What's the procedure definition (in PL/SQL) to receive the form properly and how to read the file!?

3- If it's impossible to receive a file from a form field... which web server version can do that!?

Now, I have define a procedure called submited into a package named test with all varaible name that I use in the form with default value and I receive a Request Fail.

Here it's a part of the log file showing some errors details:

OWS-0511: AGENT: No stored procedure matches this call with the arguments passed

PROCEDURE: test.submited
PARAMETERS:

PK.... [file content]

Thanks a lot's!
I'm not famialiar with newsgroups (I'm not even sure if this mail will be send properly).
I would appreciate to receive an answer into an email!

Thanks!

reply at: Impress_at_info.polymtl.ca (cc:GroupeMagrit_at_magrit.com)

Yann Hamiaux
Impress_at_info.polymtl.ca
http://www.info.polymtl.ca/~impress

(OODesigner - a free CASE tools for OO Developper running on several plateforms.
 Note: a new release of my web site is comming soon...) Received on Thu Jun 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT