Stuck with a simple update problem

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/06/25

I have been updating tables from other tables using the following :

update products
set ( field1, field2 )

However now I have a table that doesn't have a single column key field. But is keyed on 2 columns part_number, line_number. I tried using the following :

update products
set ( field1, field2 )

But I keep getting the following error :

ERROR at line 7:
ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row

I have tried using aliases but that didn't help. Maybe the answer is too simple and obvious. But it sure has been alluding me and has kept me up almost all night now.

I would apprecoiate any helpful hints.

Thanks.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Wed Jun 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT