Re: Oracle vs. Sybase

From: Ian Sparkes <sparkes_at_sprintmail.com>
Date: 1997/06/25

Just the reverse, PL/SQL (not shouting, it's just the way it's normally written) code stored in the database or executed from an application are extremely fast and effective.

There are an extremely good thing is most cases. One feature I find a lot of people ignore is packages which can provide improved performance from multiple procedures and the ability to hide access to code via scoping.