JDBD and Oracle

From: Patricia Rodriguez-Tome <tome_at_ebi.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/06/24

Hi all,

I am building a client/server on Solaris2.5 and Oracle7.3.2 and JDBC/OCI from Oracle.

All went (very) well until I decided I should let my client cancel a query, in case something went wrong : and patatras ;-) how do I do That?

I cannot understand how I can send a "cancel this query" statement. The JDBC explanation for cancel() ... well I need a little bit more than that ;-)

Could anybody explain how to do that please? Thanks.

for the whole story :
my server is a Corba server written in Java and accessing Oracle through Jdbc.
Of course next step will be to make my CorbaServer understand that I said Cancel. I am more optimist here;-)

Cheers

Pat

Dr. Patricia Rodriguez-Tome		| URL:  http://www.ebi.ac.uk
The EMBL Outstation, Hinxton - The European Bioinformatics Institute
Wellcome Trust genome Campus, Hinxton	| Tel:	+44 (0)1223 494 409
Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK			| Fax:	+44 (0)1223 494 468