Re: Importing Databases

From: Matt Southcott <matts_at_nifcosynergy.com>
Date: 1997/06/24

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:30:54 -0500, John Dawson <jdwsn_at_blue.weeg.iowa.edu> wrote:

>I have just recently started using Personal Oracle 7.3.2 and I was
>wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to import info from
>Paradox into Oracle. I'm quite new to databases in general, so I'm
>still trying to find my way around.
>

>John
>
>e-mail: jdwsn_at_blue.weeg.uiowa.edu

I believe there is a utility out there that does allow you to import from Paradox I would definitely suggest the use of sqlldr. You can find the specifics for this in the oracle Documentation. You will have to create the tables and links before hand but this is a very fast utility. It imports Text files delimited or fixed width. Received on Tue Jun 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT