Re: SQLNET under NT

From: Martin Bell <Martin.Bell_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/06/23

cosgrovp_at_perth.dialix.com.au (Peter Cosgrove) wrote:

>I am currently trying to get our sqlnet version 2 to work
>from an NT workstation.
>
>It seems to work as oracle nettest pings the database OK

I assume that the server listener is running and this can be tnsping(ed).

>but then when you try and attach the database from
>our COGNOS Imprompu software it can't connect to the
>database.
>
>Any assistance/advice would me much appreciated.
>

>Peter Cosgrove
>Perth AUSTRALIA

Are the server/client versions compatible ?

Try inserting some of the log/trace options into the appropriate *.ORA files and see what they say.

The Oracle ODBC driver comes with an ODBC test applet, which may be of some use.

Martin Bell Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT