Version of Oracle via OCI ?

From: hessling mark <hesslinm_at_pigeon.qut.edu.au>
Date: 1997/06/23

Is there a way (I can't find a documented one) to determine the version of the Oracle database you have connected to via OCI ?

I need a relatively portable method; portable across different versions of Oracle.

TIA Cheers, Mark

 Mark Hessling                       Email:       M.Hessling_at_qut.edu.au
 PO Box 203                          Phone:              +617 3802 0800
 Bellara                             http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/
 QLD 4507                            **** Author of THE & Rexx/SQL ****
 Australia                           ******* Maintainer PDCurses ******
                                     ********** Member RexxLA *********