Re: Mem. leak on MFC ODBC driver

From: Martin Bell <Martin.Bell_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/06/23

E & C Medical Intelligence <e_and_c_at_NetVision.net.il> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>Maybe somebody had seen the following problem and has a workaround:
>We use MFC with ORACLE ODBC driver.
>AnyTime i change the m_filter of a recordset i defined, during run-time,
>performing a requery(), allocates a large space of ~40k and doesn't free
>them at all !
>If i split the recordset into 2 classes - each having a constant query
>filter - then it doesn't happen - but it whould cost us quit a lot of
>non-efficient programming...
>
>best regards,
>Meny Sagie (e_and_c_at_netvision.net.il)

Which version of the ODBC driver is this ?

I think this is really a MFC problem. Have you posted it to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.tools.mfc or one of the mailing lists ?

It may be to do with a problem I seem to remember with strings when the += operator is used ? Look in the MS KB and you may find something.

Martin Bell Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT