Re: Help! Creating own alerts and messages!

From: Angel Perez <cesinsl_at_redestb.es>
Date: 1997/06/23

isc_at_isc-inf.com wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> We are working on our first project with Oracle forms 4.5. We would
> like to replace Forms-Alerts and Messages with our own messages in
> German language.
>
> Using the on-error and on-messages triggers we are able to replace
> some of the Forms-messages.
>
> But some messages, like "Do you want to save the changes you have
> made?" we are not able to replace by using these triggers.
>
> Is there any way to suppress / replace these kind of messages???
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Greetings from Troisdorf/Germany
>
> Daniela Celen

Hi Daniela,

  You should use the
'SET_ALERT_PROPERTY('xxx',ALERT_MESSAGE_TEXT,'xxx')' built in with alert you have made, and show them to the user before commiting changes or dropping them so you aviod the Oracle default's alert to appear.

  Hope this helps,

  Rafa Flores Yoldi
  Cesin, S.L. Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT