Re: Quesion on RDO 2.0 / Oracle Stored Procedures

From: D.M.[Mike] Mattix <dmmattix_at_cmq.com>
Date: 1997/06/21

In article <01bc7d9e$0fbd4be0$6a2fe4c7_at_sampw110.sys.eds.com> "Michael Rogers" <mike.rogers_at_exmi01.exch.eds.com> wrote:

> How do you pass array data to an Oracle stored procedure via RDO 2.0? How
> should
> the PL/SQL input parameter datatype and code be configured to loop through
> the array?
>
> I am in the front end of developing a large (150 entity) VB5 to Oracle
> 7.3 on NT application.
>
> The past few weeks I have RDO working well with Oracle for connections,
> queries, and single parameter stored procedure calls for updating.
>
> Due to network traffic and amount of database updates per form (using grid
> processing) , I'm currently developing code to pass arrays/collections to
> an Oracle stored procedure via RDOand return status back of each row
> processed to the VB5 application. Any ideas/examples would help much (even
> with other dbms products). I'm looking for VB5 as well as Oracle pl/sql
> ideas/code.
>
> Thanks in advance, Mike.

Well Mike,

  I don't know the answer to your exact question but the authors of a the book Developing Enterprise Applications in VB 4 presented a followup to the book at the Orlando VBITS last year. To solve this problem they created an OLE server running on the server with the database and passed to array of variants to the OLE server, the server did the database access and passed the results back to the client.

  Would not this accomplish what you need to get done?? Now this expects the server to be an Intel NT server and you did not state exactly what your environment was...

D.M. (Mike) Mattix
Principle
The Mattix Group
P.O. Box 1148
Boutte, LA 70039
dmmattix_at_cmq.com Received on Sat Jun 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT