Re: Does anyone know how to convert from decimal to hex???

From: Hakan Eren <sarisin_at_interlog.com>
Date: 1997/06/21

Timothy C. Bracey wrote:

> I'm wokring on a project that requires me to have hex values. Currently they
> are stored as decimal. Does anyone know a way of converting from dec. to
> hex. without having to use or write some pro C code?
>
> --
> ---------------
> Timothy Corey Bracey
> Southern Station Box 4591
> University of Southern Mississippi
> Hattiesburg, MS 39406
> E-Mail: tcbracey_at_sushi.st.usm.edu
> Campus Phone: 601-266-1037

Ther is a function called DUMP, it returns a VARCHAR2 value in whatever you like, ie. octal, decimal, hexadecimal or single characters.

example:
select DUMP(ColumnNameTypeHere, 16, [start_position [, length]]) "HEX" from TypeHereYourTableName where ColumnNameTypeHere = 'WhateverYouLike';

Hakan Eren
InfoPower International Inc.
ERP/MRPII/DBMS Consulting and Software

Phone:905-507-2100
Fax:905-507-2108
E-mail:hakan_at_infopwr.com

       prabir_at_infopwr.com Received on Sat Jun 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT