Upper ASCII characters - Above 126 - Newbie

From: Werner <werner.smit_at_baps.com>
Date: 1997/06/20

Hi there oracleers!

I'm trying to add data to a varchar2 field tru a third party product like ODBC over SQL*Net and tcp/ip on a WindowNT machine on to an oracle database living on a Solaris system.

All my higher ASCII characters are unfortunately translated to question marks of ascii value 63.

Are there some internationalization hint or locale parameter or character set that I should select first ?

Oracle 7.3, the SQL*Net coming with it and WinNt 4.0 is what i use.

Anybody out there that could help maybe ?

Thanks in advance, Werner.

--
Mail : Werner.Smit_at_Baps.Com
Home : http://www.baps.com/werner