Oracle Applications - Security API

From: Richard J Woodland <richwoodland_at_interfacefamily.com>
Date: 1997/06/19

I wish to validate access to my own forms/procedures using a dialog similar to that used by Oracle Applications. I would also like to validate against the same set of tables (FND_USER, etc.).

Does anyone know of an API which will make this easy? I supposed I could dig around and determine the algorithm they use for hashing the password, and write my own functions to access the FND_USER table ... but it sure would be a lot easier if Oracle provided their own API function to do it. It seems as if such a function should exist.

If you have any suggestions in this regard, please also so an e-mail reply to 'richwoodland_at_interfacefamily.com'.

Thank You.

Rich Woodland
Magic Interface, Ltd. Received on Thu Jun 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT