ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to

From: Igor Pomazanov <mbwt_at_glas.apc.org>
Date: 1997/06/18

Hello,
Can somebody help me to find out, why I receive "ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination" error when using SQL CONNECT command from ProC program to connect to remote Oracle server from Sun-20 running Solaris 2.4 and Oracle 7.2?

Output from "adapters" command is:
Installed SQL*Net V2 Protocol Adapters are:

   V2 BEQ Protocol Adapter
   V2 IPC Protocol Adapter
   V2 TCP/IP Protocol Adapter

Output from "drivers" command is:
Installed SQL*Net Drivers are:
V1 Pipes
V1 TCP/IP
SQL*Net V2

I can connect to the same instance from PC's attached to the Sun. tnsnames.ora file on the Sun is pretty similar to one on PC.

Thanks in advence,

Igor Pomazanov. Received on Wed Jun 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT