Re: Oracle7 Networking Question

From: Roy Klassen <rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/06/18

Dave,

 The only way you can connect to another database without specifying a connect string is if you set the LOCAL environment variable on the client. Set the LOCAL variable to the connect string of the other database your want to connect to.

Hope this help.

Roy Klassen rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca

Dave Wilga <dwilga_at_erols.com> wrote in article <33a8c41a.10745991_at_news.erols.com>...