Problems with UTL_FILE

From: Tim Middleton <timtam_at_newton.dialix.oz.au>
Date: 1997/06/18

Hi,

I am using the UTL_FILE package to read from a flat file under Digital UNIX 3.2g.

I have a perl script which uses the Oraperl package to connect to oracle. (A)

In the perl script if run another perl script (B) which issues:

   &ora_do($lda,'begin procedure; end ;');

This procedure then calls utl_file.

If i run (A) from cron the utl_file.fopen fails with an invalid operation. I have utl_file_dir = * in init.ora and when I run perl program (B) directly from cron it's ok.

I I run A from the command line it's ok as well.

Has anyone any thoughts on this??

TIA. PS.
Please email me.

Tim Middleton